martes, 20 de junio de 2017

My school year at Salvador Allende by Ariana Godman

Teaching English in Spain is an experience I will never forget. It was an opportunity to experience a completely different culture and society. I could not have been placed in a better location or school. Malaga is a beautiful city next to the Mediterranean Sea. The climate is lovely! I feel like we skipped what I consider Winter all together.



I was welcomed by all to Salvador Allende. I got a chance to be with each class year 1 through 6 in their Social Science class once per week. I learned so many teaching styles and grew to enjoy every level for different reasons. Being an American and helping with British English made me feel like I was assisting in teaching a foreign language at times but I am now aware that although several countries speak English, we all speak it quite differently in terms of pronunciation and word choice. My favorite thing about school was seeing all the group projects and the beautiful artwork that the students created daily.



It took about exactly half was through the program (4 months) for me to feel like I had my schedule down, knew the students, and was making progress. I definitely did a lot of growing during the year. 



I am very grateful for all the fun activities that I was allowed to take part in with the students. I went on several field trips and even got to teach Zumba to the 3rd year students for the day. I also got to help with the huge St. Patrick's day field day and take part in the schools Christmas party lunch.
































Spain has a very special place in my heart and I would recommend this program very highly.




If you have questions about doing the program please feel free to contact me. arianamanrique@gmail.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario